The awards are open to everyone presenting a poster in the Poster Gallery. Up to 84 spaces are available to display posters throughout the conference.
- People’s Pick – Conference participants vote for their favorite poster in the Gallery.
- Best Community Redevelopment Project
- Best New Technology
- Best Overall
Posters will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clarity – coherent and effective message
- Layout and Design – organization and neatness of poster (aesthetic composition)
- Research – well thought out and explored
- Content – engaging and informative
- Uniqueness – distinctive subject matter and originality
- Readability – legible from five feet away
- Clarity – 10 points
- Layout and Design – 8 points
- Research – 8 points
- Content – 6 points
- Uniqueness – 5 points
- Readability – 3 points
The judges will review posters during the first two days of the conference. Presenters do not need to be attendance for their poster to be considered.
The winners will be announced on the final day of the conference at the morning coffee break.
Brownfields 2005 Poster Competition Award Winners
Brownfields 2005 Best Overall Poster - The Little Railroad Town That Could: City of Evanston, Wyoming
Brownfields 2005 People's Pick - America's River: Port of Dubuque, Iowa